Notice of Special Business Amendments to Existing By-Laws
Tuesday, January 12, 2021 (11:00 AM - 12:00 PM) (NST)
Registration closes at 12:00 pm on Monday, January 11, 2021.
Amendments to the Association’s By-Laws will be considered and voted on at a Special Members Meeting Tuesday, January 12, 2021. This meeting will take place virtually at 11:00 am.
Provisions for amending By-Laws are found in By-Law 10.
Nature of Proposed Changes to the By-Laws
The specific wording of the amendments to the By-Laws is contained on the attachment to this notice. The nature of the changes is:
- General clean up of language and grammar
- To amend the procedure for election (Section 4.11):
- Ensuring that at least one member of the board represents a local company with less than 50 employees
- Ensuring a minimum of 1/3 female representatives on the board of directors
- Vacancies on the Board (Section 4.18)
- Setting the timing of appointing replacements in the case of a vacancy
- Membership Cessation (Section 5.14)
- “Good Standing” status as it relates to arrears
- Execution of Instruments (Section 8.2)
- Delegation of signing authority
Associate Members are not permitted to vote.
Proposed By-Laws (Linked)